Keeping your lashes pristine and clean will help you to get better retention, achieve healthier natural lashes and make your lash artist love you for appreciating their work. Follow the aftercare tips and tricks below to help your lashes last even longer.
LBLA’s BubbleWash Shampoo – your new ‘go to’ product for lash care
LashBox Lydia’s best tips for lash care
Introducing FluffGuard – your new favourite lash product
Love your lashes? Keep them looking better for longer with these simple steps
- If you want long-lasting lash extensions, you need to keep them clean! Oil and dirt are the natural enemies of lash adhesive, so we recommend that you want your lashes daily. Yep, that’s right. Every. Single. Day. Including the day you get them done. Make it part of your routine, just like brushing your teeth.
- Speaking of keeping your lashes clean, we recommend using a good quality cleanser, designed specifically for cleaning lash extensions. We love and recommend Bubble Lash Shampoo, which has been designed by LashBox LA to provide a deep clean for your extensions while protecting your natural lashline from damage. Which means longer lasting extensions and better natural lash condition.
- You’ll need to have at least two dedicated lash cleaning brushes. Please don’t use things like cotton buds or tissue to clean your lashes – you’ll wind up with annoying fibres tangled in your lashes, and there’s a high risk of damaging your extensions. Each lash is a mere 0.03mm thick – that’s as thin as spiderweb silk – so please be gentle with them.
- Your cleansing brushes and spoolie brushes need to be sanitised after every use (so twice a day, every day … right?) They can be sanitised with either warm soapy water or alcohol spray, just make sure they are thoroughly dried before you use them again. Which is why we recommend having a couple of sets (one in use and one in the wash).
- Your lashes also need to be brushed – at least twice a day. This will help to stop them from getting tangles and prevent any of those annoying ‘rogue’ lashes that make it so tempting to start picking and pulling at your extensions. Our suggestion is that you carry spoolies with you at all times to help tame any extensions that get out of place.
- Which brings us to what to do when an extension gets wonky. This happens to everyone at some point – the important thing to remember is not to try to remove the extension. The adhesive we use is designed to create a permanent bond with your natural lash for life. You can’t remove an extension without sacrificing your natural lash as well. Instead, try to brush it back into place and if it’s causing real problems (like irritating your eye) then get in touch with us so we can remedy it for you.
- If you want to maintain amazing lashes, it’s helpful to try to train yourself to sleep on your back – pillows are responsible for more lash extension damage than any other soft furnishing and can ruin a fabulous set of lashes literally overnight.
- Keep your cool – at least for the first 24 hours after your lashes are applied. They can’t stand excessive heat or steam during the first day you have them, so if you want to ensure better retention, you need to be nice to them and avoid saunas, steam rooms, hot showers, spas, sunbeams, dishwashers and hot stoves.
- Keep all of the above simple buy treating yourself to an aftercare pack – it has all of the bits and ounces you need to take great care of the artistry we create for you. Our aftercare packs include:
- Avoid using oil and silicon-based products near your lash line. We’re looking at you, eyeliner and silicone primer!